The art in the new Metro
Now that the underground is being extended, the focus is once again be on the artistic design. We continue building on Stockholm underground's tradition – art as part of the overall design of the stations.
Each new station will have a unique expression that also helps improve security and orientation for passengers. The new stations will have design-related qualities that make the environment memorable for occasional visitors and an interesting place to be for recurring visitors.
• Peter Johansson and Barbro Westling - Sofia
• Monika Larsen Dennis - Hammarby kanal
• Jesper Nyrén - Gullmarsplan
• Helena Isoz - Slakthusområdet
• Åsa Jungnelius - Hagastaden
• Pia Törnell - Södra Hagalund
• inges idee - Georg Zey, Axel Lieber, Hans Hemmert and Thomas Schmidt in cooperation with Andreas Piontkowitz - Arenastaden
• Helena Byström - Barkarbystaden
• Irene Vestman - Barkarby
Upper picture shows artist Åsa Jungnelius' design "Snäckan" ("The Shell") for the Hagastaden station. The smaller picture depicts artist Jesper Nyrén's "Folds" for the Gullmarsplan station.