The Yellow Line to Älvsjö
A new line will be built between Fridhemsplan and Älvsjö, with stations at Liljeholmen, Årstaberg, Årstafältet and Östberga
The completely new Metro line between Fridhemsplan and Älvsjö will link central and southern Stockholm together. This also enables the building of 48,500 new homes with sustainable communications. The line will provide new travel possibilities with convenient hubs for changing to other means of public transport, while also relieving the pressure on T-Centralen and the Red Line.
As part of the 2017 Sweden Negotiation, the decision was made to build a new Metro line between Fridhemsplan and Älvsjö.
Potential routes and stations were evaluated during the investigation period, 2020–2022.
In December 2021, Region Stockholm decided that the line would have the following stations: Fridhemsplan, Liljeholmen, Årstaberg, Årstafältet, Östberga and Älvsjö.
The new line
- Extent: Fridhemsplan–Älvsjö, approx. eight kilometres in tunnels. It will be a standalone line, built with modern technology. Hubs will be created at the stations to bind together different modes of transport. The underground line will be deep-lying, so elevators will be used for maximum convenience.
- Stations: Fridhemsplan, Liljeholmen, Årstaberg, Årstafältet, Östberga and Älvsjö. The stations will be located in densely built areas, and further urban development will take place around several of them.
- Depot: the new line will have its own depot, where trains can be parked overnight, serviced, repaired and cleaned.
- Colour of the line: not yet decided.
- Travel time: approx. 10 minutes between the two terminus stations.